Benefits of Ball Play
- Balls are tools that help to develop the many skills needed for play and sport.
- At Balls of Fun children can use the many different balls and ball-focused equipment to practice rolling, bouncing, dribbling, aiming, throwing, catching, kicking, blocking, and balancing.
- The more exposure and experience children have with balls, the more comfortable and competent they will be when handling balls for play and sport.
- Playing at Balls of Fun allows your child to learn physical skills that are necessary for growth and development. Being active on a regular basis also teaches that being active is a lifestyle.
- Studies show that a child who is more confident in their physical abilities brings that confidence to other subject areas in school.
- Our children need the recommended 60 minutes of activity a day.
- Many children still shy away from gym class and participating in front of their friends. Developing necessary physical skills (and ball skills) with your child may allow your child to feel more comfortable in front of their peers in gym class, at recess, and on sport teams.
- Spending quality time with your child also gives you the opportunity to encourage your child through positive reinforcement when skills are developed, practiced and learned.
Top Ten Reasons to Visit Balls of Fun this Summer!
1) The Sun: Keep children out of the sun during peek intense-sun hours: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Plus, there is no sunscreen or bug repellent needed at Balls of Fun!
2) Air Conditioning: We have air conditioning! Need we say more! O.K., we also sell freezies and cold drinks!
3) Public Parks: By mid-summer, the public parks are littered with butts, glass, and graffiti, and Balls of Fun is still incredibly clean! Plus, you can play a safe game of hide and seek and tag. The facility is on camera, and kids cannot hid behind a car and scare you half to death or run too far out of reach (across the soccer field).
4) Sand: At Balls of Fun there is no sand found in your child’s diaper or in your sandwich; instead there are three family-friendly washrooms and a sand-free eating area, with a microwave.
5) Unpredictable Weather: Is it going to rain or not? So if you are meeting up with friends, make this the place to come rain or shine!
6) Wow, it is cheap to play: There is not much you can do, for an unlimited amount of time, with your kids for under $10.00, especially where adults are free. Skip the fast-food option, and pack a peanut-free sandwich and some nut-free snacks and have a picnic in our eating area . . . then play, play, play. Save more money on admission with a Multiple Visit Card!
7) Move, Move, and Move: Balls spark movement and action. So come to the ball gym to chase, kick, throw, dribble, bounce, and catch a ball. Here the ball will not roll onto the street or break a vase. Plus, we all need to be active for a recommended 60 minutes per day. So, join us for our daily active hour. Between 6:30 -7:30 p.m., you can get your child off the couch and chasing a ball for $5.00. Make it a routine. That is cheaper than any scheduled extracurricular activity, and you get to be a part of your child’s physical development and progress.
8) Camp: Balls of Fun camp is a great first camp experience for children 4-8 years of age. It is only offered in the afternoons, which keeps children out of the sun during its most intense hours. Plus, the gym camp gets kids moving as they learn a variety of sports and games that encourage team building and friendly competition. They leave happy and sweating! An afternoon camp is also perfect for parents who have an afternoon napper and one or more children who do not nap. Yes, this is the camp for your non-nappers.
9) Equipment Switches: We switch the equipment the first Monday of the month. This allows children the opportunity to use a variety of great gym equipment and many, many, balls. The two climbing structures and the large ball pit do not change.
10) Give Your Child More Confidence: Kids excel in an environment where they feel comfortable and with people who make them feel comfortable. Balls of Fun provides the perfect gym environment for you to teach your child how to play and how to have some active fun. This interaction will help to give your child more confidence to participate in gym class and on sports teams. Plus, children who are more physically confident tend to also excel in other academic subjects. It is logical; so be active together at Balls of Fun!