Our Mission Statement
Our goal is to provide children with an environment that fosters essential physical and social development skills. When these skills are nurtured and practiced, children gain self-awareness and confidence to succeed during play and sport. Moreover, an enthusiasm for physical activity, created by learning necessary ball skills, encourages a healthy lifestyle.
Being Active + Being Together = Balls of Fun Inc.
About Our Gym
This gym and party place was founded and created by an experienced elementary and secondary teacher and mother of two children, so that you can practice some necessary ball skills with your kids. Enjoy!
The Baby & Toddler Gym
This section is for children three and under. It is geared to children developing and mastering their crawling, cruising and walking skills. The monthly ball themes, equipment and activities expose babies and toddlers to basic ball skills and ball play. This section also has a custom-made, soft-play structure and many, many balls.
Note: Older siblings can join their younger siblings to play in the Baby & Toddler Gym, but children must be closely supervised in this area.
The Big Kid Gym
This section gives children the chance to experience, practice and sharpen their ball skills through active play. The monthly ball themes empower children, through practice, to gain confidence in many ball activities. As well, the custom-made, soft-play structure was designed for play by both children and adults. Yes adults, at Balls of Fun you can become a big kid too! The ball pit and the many, many balls provide endless opportunities to learn ball skills.
Note: Babies and toddlers can enjoy this gym section too!
Monthly Ball & Gym Themes:
There are six Ball & Gym Themes. The themes switch the first Monday of the month (the Equipment Switch Day is indicated on our gym calendar, located in the footer of the website). The themes are meant to direct the children’s ball-skill development, through focused ball activities and specific gym equipment. The Baby & Toddler Gym and the Big Kid Gym both experience the same ball themes. The Monthly Ball & Gym Themes are listed on the right hand side of this page.
(With our Covid-19 measures, we will be set up for Balls & Nets. This theme (Balls & Nets) provides many transferable learning opportunities and is the easiest to keep sanitized.)
Check out our Gym Calendar for the current Ball & Gym Theme.
- There are many learning opportunities during each month.
- The gym provides concrete examples for children. Expand your child’s vocabulary and use different balls and equipment to learn sorting, ordering, matching, grouping, sizing, weight, texture, colours, numbers, and letters. Plus, words like cones, spotters, volleyball, soccer, badminton, bats, and hula hop will help your children expand their gym vocabulary.
- Some of the gym equipment and balls can only be played with during certain themes, as some equipment and ball combinations are not safe when played together. Plus, some equipment needs to be inspected and cleaned before being brought onto the gym floor.
- Please keep the gym equipment and red chairs where they are placed. They are placed according to the Ball & Gym Theme layout to allow for clear running space and ball-play room for that theme.
- Please use the gym equipment safely and for its proper purpose.
January: Balls & Aiming
February: Balls, Balance, & Bouncing
March: Balls & Nets
April: Balls & Ball Games
May: Balls & Ball Skills
June: Balls & Aiming
July: Beach Balls & Summer Games
August: Beach Balls & Summer Games
September: Balls, Balance, & Bouncing
October: Balls & Ball Skills
November: Balls & Nets
December: Balls & Ball Games
- Our Ball and Gym Themes change the first Monday of the month, unless the Monday is a holiday.
- Check out our monthly calendar for the equipment switch date.
- Come often to have fun, play and build confidence.
Benefits of Ball Play
- Balls are tools that help to develop the many skills needed for play and sport.
- At Balls of Fun children can use the many different balls and ball-focused equipment to practice rolling, bouncing, dribbling, aiming, throwing, catching, kicking, blocking, and balancing.
- The more exposure and experience children have with balls, the more comfortable and competent they will be when handling balls for play and sport.
- Playing at Balls of Fun allows your child to learn physical skills that are necessary for growth and development. Being active on a regular basis also teaches that being active is a lifestyle.
- Studies show that a child who is more confident in their physical abilities brings that confidence to other subject areas in school.
- Our children need the recommended 60 minutes of activity a day.
- Many children still shy away from gym class and participating in front of their friends. Developing necessary physical skills (and ball skills) with your child may allow your child to feel more comfortable in front of their peers in gym class, at recess, and on sport teams.
- Spending quality time with your child also gives you the opportunity to encourage your child through positive reinforcement when skills are developed, practiced and learned.
Top Ten Reasons to Visit Balls of Fun this Summer!
1) The Sun: Keep children out of the sun during peek intense-sun hours: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Plus, there is no sunscreen or bug repellent needed at Balls of Fun!
2) Air Conditioning: We have air conditioning! Need we say more! O.K., we also sell freezies and cold drinks!
3) Public Parks: By mid-summer, the public parks are littered with butts, glass, and graffiti, and Balls of Fun is still incredibly clean! Plus, you can play a safe game of hide and seek and tag. The facility is on camera, and kids cannot hid behind a car and scare you half to death or run too far out of reach (across the soccer field).
4) Sand: At Balls of Fun there is no sand found in your child’s diaper or in your sandwich; instead there are three family-friendly washrooms and a sand-free eating area, with a microwave.
5) Unpredictable Weather: Is it going to rain or not? So if you are meeting up with friends, make this the place to come rain or shine!
6) Wow, it is cheap to play: There is not much you can do, for an unlimited amount of time, with your kids for under $10.00, especially where adults are free. Skip the fast-food option, and pack a peanut-free sandwich and some nut-free snacks and have a picnic in our eating area . . . then play, play, play. Save more money on admission with a Multiple Visit Card!
7) Move, Move, and Move: Balls spark movement and action. So come to the ball gym to chase, kick, throw, dribble, bounce, and catch a ball. Here the ball will not roll onto the street or break a vase. Plus, we all need to be active for a recommended 60 minutes per day. So, join us for our daily active hour. Between 6:30 -7:30 p.m., you can get your child off the couch and chasing a ball for $5.00. Make it a routine. That is cheaper than any scheduled extracurricular activity, and you get to be a part of your child’s physical development and progress.
8) Camp: Balls of Fun camp is a great first camp experience for children 4-8 years of age. It is only offered in the afternoons, which keeps children out of the sun during its most intense hours. Plus, the gym camp gets kids moving as they learn a variety of sports and games that encourage team building and friendly competition. They leave happy and sweating! An afternoon camp is also perfect for parents who have an afternoon napper and one or more children who do not nap. Yes, this is the camp for your non-nappers.
9) Equipment Switches: We switch the equipment the first Monday of the month. This allows children the opportunity to use a variety of great gym equipment and many, many, balls. The two climbing structures and the large ball pit do not change.
10) Give Your Child More Confidence: Kids excel in an environment where they feel comfortable and with people who make them feel comfortable. Balls of Fun provides the perfect gym environment for you to teach your child how to play and how to have some active fun. This interaction will help to give your child more confidence to participate in gym class and on sports teams. Plus, children who are more physically confident tend to also excel in other academic subjects. It is logical; so be active together at Balls of Fun!